Eating Disorder/Disordered Eating
Our practice specializes in the prevention and treatment of Disordered Eating and Eating Disorders. All providers received specialized training (as well as continual training) and have experience with clients in recovery from all eating disorders (Binge Eating Disorder, Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, OSFED (which is a mix of Eating Disorder symptoms), and ARFID (Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder). If you are curious, there is more information in the resource area of our website-feel free to check it out.
In order to support your best outcome, we provide care as part of a treatment team, as recommended by the American Psychiatric Association, including a therapist who specializes in the treatment of Eating Disorders, as well as a health care provider.
We individualize your care starting where you are. We believe in partnering within a respectful and compassionate relationship in order to support your recovery. And we believe in Full Recovery.
Intuitive Eating/Recovery from Chronic Dieting
We believe that all bodies are worthy bodies. We believe that your body is unique and wise. In order to create more ease in your relationship with food, eating, and your body, we will support you in:
- Disengaging and dismantling food rules, diet dogma and internalized diet culture
- Making peace with food through discovering that all foods fit
- Connecting with your body’s true appetite, regulation, and wisdom
- Developing respect, compassion, and trust in your body as your resource
Of course, this is a process and takes time. As you begin to relate to your body and yourself with more compassion, respect and trust, you will develop a sense of ease and power that ripples into other aspects of your life. The way you relate to your body alters the way you live your life!
Without obsessing about the scales, we will support you in managing your whole-person health and well-being if you are dealing with medical issues and life changes, such as:
- Family Feeding Issues
- Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Digestive Health
Aging with Vitality
It is so easy to feel overwhelmed by ageist, fear-mongering diet and wellness culture. This multi-billion-dollar industrial complex is counting on our fear of becoming invisible and therefore vulnerable to what they are selling. Honestly, these cultural systems are designed to make us feel like we are never thin, firm, fit, or “fill in the blank” enough.
As aging women, we waste far too much of our precious time and energy living by these restrictive and unnecessary rules out of a displaced fear of no longer being relevant.
The truth is, it’s time to shift our thinking and turn toward our inner wisdom so we can devote ourselves to what helps us actually feel truly alive! (And if you have the energy to spare, the world needs us, wise elder women, more than ever.)
Imagine if you could-
- Feel more confident about nourishing yourself so that you feel vital as you age WITHOUT worrying about the scales and rigid restrictions
- Relate to your body with Respect, just as you are in this present moment, WITHOUT feeling your body is a project you need to work on
- Develop a pro-aging mindset that supports aging with curiosity and a sense of adventure for this important chapter of your life
- Understand how to nourish your brain and move your body to best support sharp thinking and stable emotional states.